Earning a degree in French and Francophone Studies gives you versatility for your future.
The skills you develop in our programs span all industries. Many professions require the written, verbal, and interpersonal skills that advanced study of French fosters. You will encounter a wide array of different cultures, and you’ll develop the ability to move seamlessly among them. You’ll be open to new experiences and cultural diversity, which you need to work in the global job market.
Our recent graduates are pursuing careers that include:
- Teaching French in the US or teaching in France
- Working in tourism and cultural heritage
- Directing historical and cultural sites
- Making films
- Practicing medicine
- Opening small businesses
- Practicing law
- Serving as a legislative intern
- Working as professional writers, artists, and musicians
- Serving in educational leadership in traditional and immersion settings
- Pursuing advanced degrees in a variety of fields, including folklore, historic preservation, and French and Francophone Studies
All of our graduates and current students are actively participating in the preservation of French and Francophone heritage in Louisiana.