Requirements for Admission to the M.A. in French
To apply for admission the M.A. program, you must
- hold the equivalent of a B.A. in French,
- have earned a minimum of 24 university hours in French beyond the elementary level,
- have taken the equivalent of 6 hours of Advanced French Composition, 12 hours of courses in French or Francophone literature and/or culture,
- submit a writing sample of approximately 30 total pages, at least 10 pages in academic French, and a total of 30 pages total on an academic topic, such as a thesis or final papers for courses,
- provide a statement of academic purpose outlining their interests and why UL's M.A. in French will help them develop them,
- submit official transcripts for previous all institutions to the Graduate School.
Non-native speakers of French will be contacted for Skype or phone interviews for evaluation of their spoken French.
International applicants must submit additional application materials. Visit the Graduate School's International Applicant Information to learn more.
Deficiencies in prerequisites and language proficiency must be made up during the first year of graduate studies.