Members of the Lafayette community have generously donated to support Arabic Studies students at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. We will be granting at least four scholarships of $200-500 each before the end of the Spring 2021 semester.
The goal of these scholarships is to promote Arabic language learning, increase cultural understanding, and assist students in need.
The Arabic Studies scholarships include:
- The Balbeisi Family Scholarship
- The Dr. Salama Scholarship
- The George and Nida Sfeir Scholarship
- All UL Lafayette students who are sophomore, junior, and senior AND have officially declared Arabic Studies as a minor by the grant deadline.
- Must have at least an overall GPA of 2.5
Priority will be given to new applicants.
- Applicants must complete all of the information in this online form before the deadline: 11:59 p.m. on April 16, 2020.